1. When they tell you they need one more week to think it over … on the last week of the month.
2. When the receptionist asks if they’re expecting your call… yes they are 👀
3. Salesperson: “This computer will cut your workload by 50%.” Me: “I’ll take 2 please”
4. When a prospect makes up an elusive lie to avoid directly saying no to you….
Prospect: “My car got ran off the road, my house is overrun by ants, and my identity has been stolen”
Me: “I’m not even mad, that’s amazing”
5. Wishful thinking….
Client “Give me a call back in 6 months”
Salesperson: “So you’re telling me there’s a chance?”
6. “I love my sales job, it’s the work I hate.”
7. “You need to sleep on it? I’m not selling you a mattress…”
8. A sales manager was addressing an underperforming sales team at the start of a new month: “We are going to have a sales contest this month. The winners will get to enter next month’s contest.”
9. Used car salesperson to customer: How would you like to buy a car with zero down and zero per month? Customer: (slight pause) For how many months?
10. The bargain store promised a free abacus with every purchase, but I wouldn’t count on it.